Tuesday, February 5, 2008

beach bumming in chile

hola a todos!!!

i've been beach bummin´ for a week on the coast of chile with my buddies from santiago. they decided to give me some company on my trip north, so we grabbed a tent, some sleeping bags, a bottle of white wine and a melon (for some tasty chilean smoothies), and hopped in their truck. the stars made me anxious for mazama in may, the chilled out people we hung out with in the dusty beach towns made me miss hawaii, and the sun soakin left me a little less pale than usual. crossing the atacama desert, the brilliant contrast of ocean shore and dry crumbling earth made it hard to sleep during travel. upon arrival in iquique, i said goodbye to my friends and headed for the hills....

i´m not gonna lie, while the beach is good for a relaxin vacation, i´m a mountain girl at heart.

3 comments:

Ursula said...

Hi Alana--
Grandpa and I are in Yuma right now with Papa and Mama. After reading your blog yesterday, Gnpa and Papa are thinking about heading for SA to pick you up!
Love,
Grandma

Ursula said...

P.S.
Just kidding (kinda)----

Aldo said...

I especially like the last sentence.